It’s not just the photos that make an impact when marketing a property, it is also the words you use to describe the property and sell the benefits.
Tips for maximising impact in your copy:
- Paint a picture/scenario with words – set the scene, generate warmth in your copy, make the home inviting and welcoming.
- Use verbs and well as adjectives – don’t go overuse adjectives either, as it can bog the copy down.
- Highlight benefits not obvious from photos – e.g.: eco-friendly features, improvements made to home by current owner etc…
- Create some urgency, via a call to action – get the buyer to take some type of action ASAP.
- Take time on the heading and first paragraph – that first paragraph must encapsulate the essence of the opportunity. The heading and the first paragraph are the most likely parts to be read, it is important to nail them.
- Proofread – poor spelling or grammar will minimise impact and detract from your credibility as a professional. Even better, get someone else to proofread; you may miss something when proofreading your own work, as you are so familiar with the content.
At Professional Property Copy (PPC) we can write your marketing copy for you. Click here to find out more.