It is not just the photos that make an impact when marketing a property; the copy is also a critical tool in marketing the benefits of an individual property and attracting enquiry.
Some tips for writing engaging property copy:
- Create warm, inviting scenarios in your text – paint a picture of what it would be like to live in that property.
- Explain the benefits of the location – anyone can google map nearby amenities, but some ‘localised’ knowledge to really sell an area is extremely helpful – not everyone looking online is familiar with the location.
- Use active language (i.e. verbs), and use adjectives sparingly to avoid repetition and clichés.
- Highlight benefits not obvious from photos – there are often many that add value and appeal.
- Create urgency, via a call to action, so the potential buyer feels compelled to pick up the phone.
- Pay particular attention to the heading and first paragraph – this must ‘sizzle’ so the buyer continues to read the rest of the copy, it must ‘hook’ the reader from the first line.
- Proofread – poor spelling or grammar will minimise impact and detract from your credibility as a professional.
At Professional Property Copy (PPC) we can write your marketing copy for you. Click Here to find out more.