With many of us self-isolating to assist to protect ourselves, and others, from contracting COVID19, we are all finding ourselves spending much more time at home than usual. Some of us are better than others at coping with enforced isolation, there is no doubt a few of you going a little stir-crazy.
Below is a list of things to do to occupy your time, that might be better for the body and soul than just lying on the sofa binge-watching Netflix and eating Haagen-Dazs by the tub.
- Learn a new language – there are some fabulous courses online
- Spruce up the garden, plant some veggies and herbs
- Start researching your family tree – ancestry.com is a good place to start
- Organise all your old photos and your digital photos into albums
- Learn a new skill, i.e. knitting or crocheting
- Play cards and boardgames
- Do some home baking, there’s plenty of recipes online
- Take the dog for a walk, just be aware of social distancing
- Write letters to elderly relatives, they’ll be thrilled to receive them
- Do crosswords, sudokus, and other puzzles to keep your mind stimulated
- Listen to music whilst doing some gentle stretching
- Do some renovating – you now have time to paint the bedroom or redecorate the lounge
- Read books
Take care, stay healthy and enjoy some ‘down time’. We are all in this together.